student visa for usa from pakistan price

Do you want to study in USA? But you’re confused about which is the right path for getting a student visa? Are you looking for a US study visa package that gives you all your valid US visa requirements fulfilled within a hassle-free process? The best way of getting a student visa to study in USA is going via the country’s education agents or by applying for the visa on your own. For this, you are required to gather necessary documentation and accurate information about both these processes. This article will help you gather all the necessary information from the most reliable sources to help you get USA student visa.

A lot of students from Pakistan desire to study in the United Kingdom. The most popular destination for Pakistani students is the United States, due to the quality of education and affordability. However, the cost of studying in United States can be higher than other countries, especially if you were not born there. For example, in Britain you could get a student visa at £900 but in United States it will cost you around $2500. So what are your options if you want to study in top ranked colleges?

A student visa is mandatory for a Pakistani student to study in USA. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has outlined the eligibility criteria for getting a student visa as well as provided information regarding the required documents, fee structure and processing time for each type of F visa .

Student visa for USA from Pakistan Price

The student visa is a document that allows you to study in the United States. There are several types of student visas, but all have one thing in common: they allow you to travel to the US. The type of visa you choose will depend on your reason for traveling, as well as what kind of school you plan on attending.

The most common type of student visa is the F-1 visa. F-1 visas are issued to students who are planning on attending school at an accredited educational institution in the United States. F-1 visas can be used for both academic and vocational programs, but only if they are full-time (at least 12 hours per week).

If you would like to come to America on a temporary basis and study at an accredited vocational school (or any other kind of school), then there is another type of visa called an M-1 visa. M-1 visas are issued to students who want to come here for non-academic purposes such as courses in English or technical training, or even internships or apprenticeships.

If you want to study in the United States, you’ll need to get a student visa. This will allow you to stay in America for as long as your course lasts, and it also gives you permission to work part-time during your studies.

You will need to show evidence of your academic qualifications and financial resources, but the process is not too complicated if you have all of the documents ready.

You can apply for a student visa through a Pakistani Consulate or Embassy in your country of residence. The process will take around 2 weeks and costs around $150 USD.

If you wish to extend or replace this visa while in the US, you will need to apply at an immigration office near where you live or work.

Student Visa for USA from Pakistan

Pakistani students are looking for a chance to study in the USA. They have to go through a lot of documentation and procedure before they can get their visa. The process is long and complicated, but it is worth it. After all, we all know how important education is for us. In this article, we are going to take you through all the steps that you need to take in order to get your student visa for USA from Pakistan.

The first step is to apply for an F-1 student visa at the US Embassy in Islamabad. You will need to bring a valid passport, application form DS-160 along with two photographs of passport size (white background) and $160 fee. After filling out the form, you will have to wait for your interview date at least four weeks before your expected arrival date in the USA. Keep in mind that this process takes time so make sure that you are prepared well ahead of time!

How to Apply for a US Student Visa from Pakistan

Here is a step-by-step process on applying for an American visa from Pakistan. For a more detailed explanation of the F-1 visa application process and documents required, check out our in-depth guide to US visas for international students.

1. Enroll in Your US University or College and Receive Your I-20 Form

Once you have secured a spot with your university or college, they will send you an I-20 form that you will need throughout the F-1 visa process. This includes information like your Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) ID, the start and end dates of your academic program, and your source of funding. It is important to double-check all the information in the I-20 form before you sign the document.

Before moving on to the next step of the F-1 visa process, you have to make the payment for the SEVIS fee ($350, which is approximately Rs 54,000). Make sure to print a copy of your receipt—you will need it for the visa interview!

2. Complete the Required DS-160 Application

For the DS-160 application, you are required to submit your information online through the application portal. (You can learn more about the DS-160 on the U.S. Department of State website.) 

After completing the DS-160 form, pay the visa fees ($160, or approximately Rs 24,700) to receive a confirmation page with a barcode. You will have to print this page for the interview.

3. Schedule an Interview

Once you have completed and submitted the I-20 and DS-160 forms, find the US embassy or consulate closest to you and book an interview. 

Here is a list of US embassies and consulates in Pakistan:

To find out how long you will have to wait for an interview, you can check the U.S. Department of State website. By keeping an eye on US visa appointment available dates and wait times, you can plan ahead.

4. Prepare for Your Visa Interview

For the final step in the F-1 visa application process, make a list of all the documents that you should take to the interview. This includes:

  • Your passport
  • I-20 and DS-160 forms, including the I-20 payment receipt and DS-160 confirmation page
  • A copy of your visa photo
  • Any supporting documents that prove intent to return to Pakistan after graduation

Before the interview, remember to practice answering mock interview questions with a friend or your Shorelight enrollment advisor.

Next, let us go over some commonly asked questions from students in Pakistan about the F-1 visa.

What if My Visa Gets Rejected?

Unfortunately, there is no appeal process if your F-1 visa gets denied. However, this does not mean you cannot apply again!

If your visa does not get approved by the US embassy, it is important to find out why. Once you know the reason, it is easier to reapply for the student visa with any additional documents required.

What if My Visa Interview Gets Delayed?

If your study program is starting within 60 days and there are no interview appointments available before it begins, you can request an expedited appointment. You will have to bring your I-20 form and the receipt for the SEVIS fee.

Can I Travel on My Student Visa?

Once they have arrived at their US college or university, students from Pakistan on an F-1 visa may travel within the United States and internationally. To do so, a travel signature is required on page two of the I-20 form, provided by the designated school official (DSO), who often works in the international student service department of the university. 

Additionally, visas and passports must be valid and I-20 forms must be up to date. For more information about the documentation required for reentry and the limitations on travel, refer to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website

Can I Work While Studying on F-1 Visa?

Work is permitted on an F-1 visa only under certain conditions. 

For F-1 visa students, work is typically limited to on-campus jobs. Students are allowed to work for a maximum of 20 hours a week. To seek employment outside the university, you can apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT), if applicable to your program. 

Can I Transfer to Another University or College on an F-1 Visa?

Yes, you can. But you will have to speak with your DSO before applying. To maintain your F-1 visa status, the university or college you selected would need to issue a new I-20 form. 

Do I Need Travel Insurance or Medical Health Insurance?

Not all universities require travel insurance when traveling to the United States, but it is often recommended, as an insurance plan could potentially save you a lot of time and money, especially with unexpected travel delays or medical emergencies. 

The majority of universities in the US require students to obtain medical insurance to complete enrollment. Students can enroll in a university-sponsored health insurance plan, which is commonly included in university fees. For more information about travel and health insurance plans, reach out to a Shorelight advisor.

For students in Pakistan hoping to study in the US, the F-1 visa process may feel time consuming and challenging — but with the right amount of research and preparation, you can improve your chances for success.

Making sure your visa remains valid

Once you get your visa, there are a number of things you need to do to ensure it remains valid, including:

  • Fulfilling the purpose for why the Department of State issued the visa
  • Following the regulations associated with that purpose

While studying in the U.S., you will need to observe the following rules:

  • You must attend and pass all of your classes. If you are finding your studies too difficult, you should speak with your designated school official (DSO) immediately
  • If you think you will be unable to complete your program by the end date listed on your Form I-20, you must talk to your DSO about requesting a possible program extension
  • You must take a full course of study each term. If you cannot study full-time, contact your DSO immediately
  • You cannot drop below a full course of study without consulting with your DSO


In some cases, additional visa fees are paid directly to the National Visa Center, to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate or to the Department of Homeland Security.

Nonimmigrant Visa Issuance (“Reciprocity”) Fees

Applicants from certain countries may be required to pay a visa issuance fee after their application is approved. These fees are based on “reciprocity” (what another country charges a U.S. citizen for a similar-type of visa). The United States strives to eliminate visa issuance fees whenever possible, however, when a foreign government imposes these fees on U.S. citizens for certain types of visas, the United States will impose a “reciprocal” fee on citizens of that country for similar types of visas. The Department of State’s website has more information about visa issuance fees and can help you determine if an issuance fee applies to your nationality.


The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) is an Internet-based system that tracks F, M, and J visa participants (and their family members) from the time they receive their initial documentation (either an I-20 or a DS-2019) until they graduate/leave school or conclude/leave program.

F, M and J visa principal applicants: Check with your U.S. school to make sure your information has been entered into SEVIS. You will need to pay a separate SEVIS fee in addition to the visa application fee. For nonimmigrant students with Form I-20, the SEVIS fee is US$350. For most exchange visitors with Form DS-2019, the SEVIS fee is US$220. Proof of payment is required before your student or exchange visitor visa will be issued. Payment cannot be made at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Instructions for paying the SEVIS fee can be found here.

SEVIS Fee Exception

Applicants participating in a U.S. Government sponsored program (programs whose codes begin with G-1, G-2, G-3, G-7) are not required to pay the SEVIS fee.

Blanket L Fees (Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee)

First-time principal applicants who are covered under a blanket petition for L status must pay a Fraud Prevention and Detection fee of US $500. This fee should be paid to the cashier at the Consular Section on the day of the interview. If a subsequent L-1 visa application is based on a new Form I-129S, the Fraud Prevention and Detection fee must be collected again.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *