Student visa for uk from malaysia

Are you a Malaysian student willing to go to the UK for your post-secondary education? Find out how to apply and get your visa here, right at the best source for all kinds of advice. We will tell you what you need to know about student visa for uk from malaysia.

Studying abroad can be a life-changing experience but it is not that easy to get a student visa. You need to know all the steps involved, understand the requirements and gather the required documents. The biggest challenge is getting your UK student visa approved by the immigration authority of the country. That’s where we can help you out. 

As a student looking for the cheapest and fastest option to the UK, it can often feel as though you’ve got nowhere to turn. But this doesn’t have to be the case: Travelling abroad should be a time for adventure, but sadly that adventure is overshadowed for many students by the stress of getting your visa in order. Don’t let that stress overtake your holiday – turn to a uk student visa advisor today

The UK Government provides an opportunity for international students to study in the country but as a prerequisite, you will have to obtain a student visa first.

The visa you need will depend on your age and the type of study you wish to pursue. Here’s an overview of the types of study visas and their application requirements:

Student visa typeWho it is forWhen to applyArrival in the UK
Tier 4 (General) student visaStudents aged 16 or over who have been offered a place in a course at a UK educational institution.Three months before the start of your course.Up to one week before if your course lasts six months or fewer.
Up to one month before if your course lasts more than six months.
Tier 4 (Child) student visaStudents aged between four and 17 who have been offered a place in a course at a UK educational institution with a valid Tier 4 sponsor, such as an independent fee-paying school.Three months before the start of your course.Up to one week before if your course lasts six months or fewer.
Up to one month before if your course lasts more than six months.
Short-term study visaStudents offered a place in a short-term course in the UK, such as an English language course or training course.Three months before your date of travel to the UK.Depends on your nominated travel dates.

*For detailed information, please visit the Gov.UK website

To be eligible for a Tier 4 student visa, you must:

  • Have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
  • Be able to speak, read, write and understand English
  • Have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course.

When applying for your Tier 4 visa, you will generally need:

  • A current passport or other valid travel documentation
  • Evidence of funds to provide your living expenses for the duration of your course
  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number and documents used to obtain CAS
  • Passport-sized colour photograph
  • Tuberculosis screening (if required)
  • Assessment documentation
  • Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate (if required)

Additional documents may also be needed if you are:

  • Not a citizen of the country you are applying from
  • Under 18 years of age
  • Have a family (dependents)

If any of your supporting documents are not in English, you will need to have it translated. Each translated document must be dated and include the translator’s name and signature and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document.

Applying for your visa online

You must apply for your student visa application online using the British Government’s official Gov.UK website (unless you are applying from North Korea, in which case you can use a hardcopy form).

You can apply up to three months before your intended date of travel to the UK. Your application date is the date when your application fee is paid.

English language requirements

You must provide evidence of your knowledge of the English language when you apply for your visa. This usually means passing a secure English language test.

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have minimum English language requirements for reading, writing, listening and speaking according to your level of study. Your university or school (sponsor) may have different English language requirements. 

There is a chance you may be interviewed by a UKVI officer as part of the visa application process. If you cannot hold a simple conversation without an interpreter, you may be refused entry to the UK, regardless of your English language results.

Biometric residence permit

As part of your application, you must also obtain a biometric residence permit (BRP) from UKVI. You will need to make an appointment with UKVI to have your fingers and thumbs scanned and a digital photo taken of your face.

Student visa for uk from malaysia

Student visa for uk from malaysia is a dream of many Malaysian students who want to study in UK. So, if you are one of them and have been dreaming of studying in UK then it is high time that you should start looking for ways to get your student visa for uk from malaysia. The process of getting the student visa for uk from malaysia is not at all difficult but it can be a bit confusing at times. However, with the right guidance and information, you can easily get your student visa for uk from malaysia without any problems.

In this article, we will discuss some important points related to how to get your student visa for uk from malaysia so that you can apply for it without any problems at all.

Before applying for any type of work permit or travel document such as a passport or residence permit, it is important that you need to have certain documents with you. These documents include proof of identity such as passport or birth certificate; proof of address such as utility bill or rent agreement; evidence of financial means such as bank statements

If you’re planning a trip to London, you might be wondering how to get there. Well, we’ve got the answers!

Whether you’re going for a short vacation or moving to the U.K. permanently, there are a few things you’ll need to know about traveling over there. The first step is to determine if you need a visa. If so, then it’s time to start planning!

When planning your trip, it can be helpful to keep in mind that most countries have different rules and regulations regarding student visas and work permits. In some cases, these may require you to prove that you have enough money saved up before they will allow you entry into their country.

A student visa is usually issued for one year at a time; however, depending on what type of coursework you’re taking (and where), this period could be extended depending on the circumstances surrounding your study abroad program or internship placement abroad as well as any applicable laws governing international travel between countries with different levels of development or economic standing within their respective regions worldwide such as Asia Pacific region with high-income economies versus low-income economies such as Sub-Saharan Africa region


SI-UK’s visa consultant is registered with the Home Office OISC* (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) and has extensive knowledge of the latest immigration legislation, rules and regulations.

SI-UK’s Student Visa Service offers advice and assistance to international students wishing to obtain a UK visa, specialising in:

  • Tier 4 (G)/ (Child) student visa to enter the UK
  • Tier 4 (G)/ (Child) student visa extension in the UK
  • Student Visitor Visas

Family, work, business, EEA national’s family, settlement and British citizenship visa advice is also provided.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *