3 Year Visa In Uae

Applying for UAE Visa can be an intimidating process. Unfortunately, little or no guidance is provided by the immigration department on how to apply for the newly introduced 3-year residency Visa. Even worse, most of the expat communities online are full of unverified and outdated information. In this guide, however, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to apply for a 3-year residence visa including latest updates in 2017/2018. For your convenience, I have included top tips from other successful applicants.Many expats get their visas extended in the UAE, but many aren’t aware that you can apply for a 3 year visa if you meet the requirements. This is great news for those who are looking to stabilize their stay in Abu Dhabi. The only catch is that both parties (the applicant and the sponsor) have to be based in Abu Dhabi and must also have been earning a minimum wage of 15,000 AED per month over the last 12 consecutive months.

What Visa To Apply For

Deciding which visa is the best option for your parents to visit Australia can be confusing. If you’re wondering which visa to apply for to allow your parents to visit Australia, there are a few options available depending on your parents’ country of origin and how long they’d like to stay here in Australia.

Electronic Travel Authority

An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is a travel authorisation linked to your e-passport, which allows entry into Australia as many times as they would like during a 12-month period and for up to 3 months per visit. There is no visa application charge for Electronic Travel Authority but there may be an administration cost of $20.

ETAs are available to citizens of 33 countries and British Nationals (Overseas). Most eligible nationalities are European. Citizens of certain Central, Eastern European, Middle Eastern and Asian countries are not eligible to apply for an ETA. It is a good option for parents looking to visit their children in Australia for up to 3 months, provided they hold citizenship from an eligible country.

The ETA is a cheap and easy to apply for option. However, the eligibility is limited and visitors cannot stay for more than 3 months at a time. It will also allow them to study for up to 3 months in Australia, although if your parents are intending to study in Australia a student visa may be more appropriate.

eVisitor Visa

An eVisitor visa (subclass 651) is very similar to the ETA. It allows you to enter Australia as many times as you’d like during a 12-month period and for up to 3 months per visit. There is no cost to apply for an eVisitor visa. The only major difference between the eVisitor visa and ETA are the eligible countries and the application process.

eVisitor visas are available to citizens from 35 different countries, but not British nationals. Similarly to the ETA, the eVistor visa is eligible for most European citizens excluding certain Central and East European countries. An eVisitor visa is a good option for parents looking to visit their children in Australia for up to 3 months, provided they hold citizenship from an eligible country.

The Australian Family Migration Program includes several temporary and permanent parent visas

…that allow a child (permanent resident of Australia, Australian or an eligible New Zealand citizen), subject to certain criteria, to bring a parent or several parents for family reunion.

In order to successfully complete the process and get your visa approved, applicant and family members, as well as sponsor, should satisfy criteria established by the Department of Home Affairs.

  1. Family balance test (only for visas 143, 173, 804, 864, 103) where applicant must have at least 50% or more residing in Australia as Permanent Residents or Australian citizens.
  2. Sponsorship by a child who has been living in Australia for at least 2 years and is currently Permanent Resident or Australian citizen. It is also necessary to provide a Assurance of Support – a certain amount of money (bond), which is deposited in a special account with an Australian bank for 10 years.

The main part of parental visas is intended for elderly parents, and it does not require passing an English proficiency test, professional compliance, and also does not require an exam when obtaining citizenship.

However, for all types of visas, it will be necessary to prove family or close family ties between the applicant (parent) and the child living in Australia.

In my practice, I recommend to clients the best strategic plan for parent visas based on their family circumstances and financial capabilities. To review your individual case please book a consultation.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *